Mohammad Amir the most expensive Pakistan cricketer in ‘The Hundred’ draft
- Mohammad Amir, the dynamic fast bowler, has been included as the most expensive player from Pakistan in the players’ draft for ‘The Hundred’.
- The tournament is being organized by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and the draft will take place on October 20.
‘I am a proud Indian’ – Mithali Raj shuts down a fan for his tweet on cricketer not speaking Tamil
- While Mithali Raj comes across as a very calm and composed cricketer, she seems to be well aware of how to give it back to trolls.
- The India star is one of the most decorated players in the history of women’s cricket.
I am just like everyone else but I just control my emotions: MS Dhoni
- He is known to be one of the coolest brains on the ground. During his days as the captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was hardly seen losing his temper on the ground.
- There have been very few exceptions when the Ranchi wicketkeeper lost his cool as it was seen during a game in the Indian Premier League this year but those exceptions prove the rule.
Shoaib Akhtar compares Sourav Ganguly with Imran Khan
- With former India captain Sourav Ganguly set to become the next president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), wishes have poured in from various quarters.
- And now, former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar has also applauded the move, saying Ganguly’s leadership style is like that of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and could make a difference in the cricketing world.
Mustafizur Rahman will have to prove fitness in NCL for India Tests selection: Bangladesh chief-selector
- Bangladesh’s chief selector, Minhajul Abedin has said that ace left-arm fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman will have to play the second round of National Cricket League (NCL) and prove his fitness to get selected in the squad for the 2-match Test series in India.
- The talented seamer had suffered an ankle injury that proceeded to rule him out of the opening round of the NCL.
Reports: ICC mulling over staging India-Pakistan warm-up fixture ahead of the 2020 T20 World Cup
- India-Pakistan relations are at an all-time low, is not an aberration. Ever since the dastardly 26/11 attacks in Mumbai back in 2008, the bilateral ties between the two nations have been on a backburner.
- Only one bilateral series has been played out during this period. That was when Misbah-ul-Haq-led unit toured India in 2012-13 season for three ODIs and two T20Is.
Smriti Mandhana loses her No.1 ODI ranking to New Zealand’s Amy Satterthwaite
- The recently concluded South Africa Women tour of India saw some pulsating cricket action.
- Despite the inclement weather marred the T20I leg of the tour, the Women in Blue notched up an impressive 3-1 series win.
‘We’re going through a transition period,’ says Kagiso Rabada after their poor show against India
- Days for South Africa in India are turning out to be their biggest nightmare. They have lost Test series with one match still to go.
- Proteas started from where they left three years ago. In the 2015-16 tour they faced a series defeat by 3-0.
Shahid Afridi rues lack of power-hitters in Pakistan cricket
- Shahid Afridi spent the majority of his international career with a Pakistan team that was one of the best in the world.
- He shared the dressing room with the likes of Wasim Akram, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam-ul-Haq and other world-class players. Afridi himself was one of the pillars of the Pakistan team.
Harbhajan Singh takes a sly dig at South Africa; asks Jonty Rhodes to bat in Ranchi Test
- South Africa are facing the heat in India; not only literally but also metaphorically.
- The Virat Kohli-led side literally walked over the inexperienced Proteas in the second game at the M.C.A Stadium in Pune.
Twitter hails Virender Sehwag for training Pulwama martyrs’ children at his academy
- His former opening partner and currently a politician — Gautam Gambhir — is known for such charity.
- And now, Virender Sehwag has decided to do something similar. The former dashing India opener took on Twitter on Wednesday to share a photo.
Hardik Pandya gets emotional going down the memory lane to his ODI debut in 2016
- Hardik Pandya is one of the prolific all-rounders India currently have in their setup, especially in the ODI and T20I format. Surprisingly, the Baroda cricketer hasn’t played Test cricket for over a year now after foraying into the format in 2017 versus Sri Lanka.
- For a long time, India has strained to find a fast-bowling all-rounder after Kapil Dev and Pandya has stepped in with authority.
Sourav Ganguly asks for Harbhajan Singh’s support after becoming the BCCI president
- There’s no doubt in the fact that Sourav Ganguly is one of the greatest captains India has ever had in their cricketing history.
- He took over at a time when match-fixing and other unwanted scandals had rattled cricket in the country.
‘Transformation from cute to hotness’ – Twitter reacts after Vijay Shankar uploads his recent picture
- Vijay Shankar, an Indian cricketer is one of the most discussed players in the country. He hit the spotlight after he got selected in the 2019 World Cup squad.
- Indian selectors were hopeful of good performances from him. He was picked on the basis of his all-round skills but got injured during the nets in the mid-way.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Vijay Shankar doesn’t have same impact batting at 5 or 6 as Hardik Pandya: Gautam Gambhir
- IPL 2020: Dream11 releases its promotional song ft. Dhoni, Rohit, Hardik, Dhawan, Bumrah and Rishabh
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- The confidence on MS Dhoni sir’s face was something which I got inspired by: Smriti Mandhana
- Sakshi shares a picture from MS Dhoni’s 39th birthday celebration featuring Hardik and Krunal Pandya