Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricketing world today.
1. IPL 2021: Billy Stanlake and Reece Topley reject offer from CSK
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) side was dealt a major blow after Australian pacer Josh Hazlewood pulled out of the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). And, the CSK management wanted either Billy Stanlake or Reece Topley to come in as the replacement. Both Stanlake and Topley have rejected the offer.
2. I am obsessed with Rishabh Pant because he is an absolute match-winner: Sourav Ganguly
Praises continue to pour in for swashbuckling Indian batsman Rishabh Pant. Former Indian batting legend and current BCCI President, Sourav Ganguly has stated that Pant is a match-winner for India.
3. ‘The only solution is to get players vaccinated’ – BCCI Vice-President Rajeev Shukla amid surge in COVID cases
BCCI Vice President and IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla has stated that all the IPL players should be vaccinated. Devdutt Padikkal and Axar Patel have tested positive for Covid-19.
4. ‘He does the impossible very easily’ – Aakash Chopra has a suggestion for RCB regarding AB de Villiers ahead of IPL 2021
Aakash Chopra has showered praises on batting icon Ab De Villiers and has even called him a ‘man from a different planet’. Chopra further stated that if De Villiers bats at the right position, then he will decimate the bowlers.
5. IPL 2021: Aakash Chopra predicts the top 6 overseas performers in the tournament
Cricketer turned commentator Aakash Chopra feels that the likes of David Warner, Rashid Khan, Sam Curran, Ab De Villiers, Marcus Stoinis, and Nicholas Pooran will be the top overseas performers of the 2021 edition of the IPL.
6. ‘I don’t think anyone can be like MS Dhoni’ – Sanju Samson prefers to be comfortable in his own skin
Rajasthan Royals’ skipper Sanju Samson has stated that nobody can become like former Indian skipper and cricketing icon Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Samson also felt that the Rajasthan outfit did a fantastic job at the 2021 IPL auctions.
7. I feel Hanuma Vihari should also be part of the IPL: Cheteshwar Pujara
Cheteshwar Pujara will be a part of the ‘Yellow Brigade’ and will offer his services for the CSK side in the 2021 edition of the IPL. Pujara has now thrown his weight behind Hanuma Vihari and feels that Vihari should have also bagged an IPL contract.
8. IPL 2021: RCB’s Devdutt Padikkal tests positive for COVID-19
20-year-old batting sensation Devdutt Padikkal has tested positive for Covid-19. Padikkal was in scintillating form in the 2020 edition of the IPL and plundered 473 runs.
Follow CricTracker for the latest cricket news from around the world
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
- AUS vs IND, 2020-21: 3rd Test, Day 5 – India’s blockathon, Pant’s counter-attack, Pujara @ 6000 runs and more stats
- Reports: Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, India coaching staff to have six-day quarantine in Dubai before Australia tour
- ‘Missed my wife’s call’ – Indian cricketers answer ‘unusual’ rapid-fire questions
- Twitter calls for Devdutt Padikkal’s inclusion in Team India after he scores four centuries in a row in Vijay Hazare Trophy