Here are the latest titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket:
1. Pakistan players test negative for Covid-19 ahead of South Africa tour
The Pakistan side will embark on a crisp limited-overs series to South Africa, comprising of three ODIs and 4 T20Is. Pakistan will send a mega squad of 35 players to the land of the Proteas, and news has come in that all these players have tested negative for Covid-19 and will take the flight to South Africa on 26th March 2021.
2. ‘I am not so expressive, but that doesn’t mean that I am not passionate’ – KL Rahul explains what helped him regain lost form
KL Rahul finally regained his form and smashed a stroke-filled 43-ball 62 to allow the Indian side to thrash England by 66 runs in the first ODI. And now, Rahul has stated that just because he is not very expressive, that doesn’t mean that he is not passionate.
3. Prasidh Krishna can be a great asset for Indian cricket: KL Rahul
Prasidh Krishna arrived onto the international stage in scintillating fashion and scalped 4 wickets in his maiden ODI appearance for the Indian side. Stating that Prasidh Krishan is a brave lad, KL Rahul opined that Prasidh’s biggest skill is his ability to read the game.
4. ‘I shall be back soon’ – Shreyas Iyer vows to return stronger after shoulder injury
Shreyas Iyer dislocated his shoulder in the first ODI against England. And now, it has been confirmed that the Delhi Capitals’ skipper will miss the entire 14th edition of the IPL. But then, Iyer has promised that he will bounce back from this setback.
5. India have set up some sort of machine to manufacture new players: Inzamam-ul-Haq
Two debutants, Krunal Pandya and Prasidh Krishna were the catalysts of India’s victory over England in the first ODI at Pune. Former Pakistan skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq has stated that maybe the Indian side has set up some manufacturing hub to prepare new players. Inzamam also opined that the senior cricketers in the Indian side have no choice but to perform consistently to stay in the team.
6. IPL 2021: Virat Kohli and Devdutt Padikkal to open for RCB, confirms Mike Hesson
The 2021 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will see a new opening combo for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) outfit for the 14th edition of the tournament. Mike Hesson has confirmed that Virat Kohli and Devdutt Padikkal will walk out to open the batting for the RCB outfit.
7. ‘The difference he made was to bring in the aura of calmness’ – Prasidh Krishna on Glenn McGrath’s influence on his bowling
Prasidh Krishna has stated that Australian bowling legend Glenn McGrath has helped him develop a sense of calmness. Krishna also added that the main thing that McGrath spoke t him is to be consistent.
8. IPL 2021: 15 plastic bottles are recycled to make one CSK jersey
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will sport a refurbished jersey for the 2021 edition of the IPL. The new jersey will be environment friendly and will reduce carbon emissions by 270 grams. The CSK side has also posted a video of their new jersey.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- India vs England: Virat Kohli confirms Team India’s openers for the first T20I
- India move to second spot in the latest ICC T20I team rankings
- Satire: 10 Indian cricketers and their secret social media passwords
- Former Indian cricketer Irfan Pathan picks his T20I XI of the year 2020
- CricTracker Exclusive: No one should complain about the five-star prisons, says Irfan Pathan on bio-bubble fatigue