Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. ‘There is no captaincy position available’ – Justin Langer on Steve Smith’s hopes of regaining captaincy
Australian batting legend Steve Smith had stated that he will be willing to don the skipper’s hat if given a chance. However, Head Coach Justin Langer has stated that the Australian side has two good captains at the moment and the captaincy position is not vacant.
2. Just because Virat Kohli has not won an IPL, you can’t remove him from India captaincy: Sarandeep Singh
The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side has not managed to win the IPL trophy even once. And now, Sarandeep Singh has stated that RCB skipper Virat Kohli is the fittest player and skipper for India and there is absolutely no need to replace him even though he has not inspired RCB to the IPL title.
3. Absolutely bizarre! Bangladesh come out to bat without knowing their DLS target in the second T20I against New Zealand
Bangladesh started their run chase against New Zealand in the second T20I without even knowing their target. New Zealand won the match by 28 runs and took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the T20I series.
4. I was disappointed that I was not picked by Gujarat Lions in IPL: Cheteshwar Pujara
Cheteshwar Pujara will turn out for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) side during the 2021 edition of the IPL. When the Gujarat Lions side was added to the IPL in 2016, Pujara was not picked by the franchise.
5. IPL 2021: I think Mumbai Indians will be hard to beat reckons Sunil Gavaskar
The Mumbai Indians (MI) side has won the IPL a colossal 5 times. And now, ahead of the 2021 edition of the IPL, batting legend, Sunil Gavaskar feels that the Rohit Sharma-led side will be hard to beat.
6. IPL 2021: BCCI changes playing conditions for the upcoming season
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has introduced a number of rule changes for the 14th edition of the IPL that will commence on 9th April 2021.
7. IPL 2021: We’re going to win this year reckons RCB’s Dan Christian
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) player Dan Christian has stated that the RCB side will win the 2021 edition of the IPL. Christian stated that with the likes of Virat Kohli, Ab De Villiers, and Glenn Maxwell, the RCB side will be ‘brilliant’ with the bat.
8. Jofra Archer has gone through surgery and has come out of it well: Ashley Giles
England pacer Jofra Archer injured his hand after trying to clean a fish tank in his house. Ashley Giles has now stated that Archer is done with his surgery.
Follow CricTracker for the latest cricket news from around the world
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricketing world today
- Once we knew Virat Kohli was going to miss the last three Tests, Cheteshwar Pujara was the big wicket for me: Pat Cummins
- ‘Rock of Rajkot’ – Wishes overflow as modern-day wall Cheteshwar Pujara turns 33
- India-Australia Tests would be tough for Cheteshwar Pujara, reckons Glenn McGrath
- Cricketing Trends on Social Media today