Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. Look at Kishan, Suryakumar; they looked ready for international cricket at debut’ – Mohammad Amir slams Pakistan management for selecting youngsters with technical shortcomings
Pakistan cricketer Mohammed Amir has taken a dig at the Pakistan team management and stated that the players from England and India seem ready to play at the highest level because of robust cricketing systems. Amir added that cricketers from Pakistan arrive at the international arena with a few technical flaws.
2. Pragyan Ojha picks three players who can lead India on Sri Lanka tour
Former Indian cricketer Pragyan Ojha has opined that the likes of Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, or Shreyas Iyer can don the skipper’s hat during India’s tour of Sri Lanka.
3. Kane Williamson and other New Zealand players might miss IPL 2021 if it is restarted in September
The New Zealand cricketers who are a part of the 14th edition of the IPL, including the legendary Kane Williamson might miss the IPL if the BCCI decides to restart the tournament in September as New Zealand is scheduled to face Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the same time.
4. ‘We can only work hard, I don’t care about them and their criticism’ – Misbah-ul-Haq hits back his critics
Former Pakistan cricketer and current Head Coach of the Pakistan cricket team, Misbah-ul-Haq has stated that he does not care about people who criticize the Pakistan side and added that all that the players can do is, to work hard.
5. Sometimes I miss MS Dhoni’s guidance from behind the wicket: Kuldeep Yadav
Indian spinner Kuldeep Yadav has admitted that he misses the presence of the legendary MS Dhoni behind the stumps when he is bowling.
6. ‘It is a little concerning that there is no leg spinner in the team’ – Danish Kaneria on India’s WTC and England series squad
Former Pakistan bowler Danish Kaneria has opined that it is a concerning fact that the Indian side does not have any leg spinner in their squad for the WTC final as well as the Test series against England.
7. I wasn’t getting the respect I deserved and that’s why I took the decision to retire: Mohammad Amir
Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Amir has openly stated that he was not getting the respect that he deserved in the Pakistan side. Amir even added that if he gets into some details, it will turn ugly.
8. ‘I wasn’t played in Chennai, am I that bad?’ – Kuldeep Yadav on the constant struggles he has faced while sitting out
India’s left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav has stated that he spent some difficult times last year when he sat out of the Indian side.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- Kane Williamson ruled out of Bangladesh ODI series after elbow injury
- New Zealand vs Australia, 2021: Fifth T20I – Milestones for Martin Guptill, Tim Southee’s feat, Kane Williamson unique ducks and more stats
- ‘There is no issue with skill or headspace’ – Virat Kohli on Kuldeep Yadav’s exclusion from Playing XI
- NZ vs AUS: 3rd T20I, Match Prediction- Who will win today’s match?