Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. ‘No regrets if I am not asked to play again’ – Shoaib Malik accuses Pakistan Cricket Board of nepotism
Veteran Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik has taken a dig at the Pakistan Cricket Board and has stated that there is a system of ‘like and dislike’ that goes on in Pakistan cricket.
2. ‘It definitely needs to improve’ – Wahab Riaz takes a dig at Pakistan’s selection policy
Pakistan left-arm pacer Wahab Riaz has lambasted the Pakistan team management and has stated that a player can give good performances on the field only if he is supported in both good as well as bad times.
3. Chennai Super Kings looked like the champion it usually had been all these years: Sunil Gavaskar
Indian cricketing legend Sunil Gavaskar has opined that there was a renewed sense of energy in the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) side in the 2021 edition of the IPL.
4. ‘You can’t sideline him so early in his career’ – Former Indian selector questions Prithvi Shaw’s omission
Former Indian selector Sarandeep Singh has stated that a player of the caliber of Prithvi Shaw who has a lot of potential should have been picked in the Indian Test squad for the WTC final against New Zealand.
5. You can’t compare IPL with PSL, I don’t think any league can compete with the IPL: Wahab Riaz
Pakistan cricketer Wahab Riaz has opined that the Indian Premier League (IPL) is at a totally different level as the top international players come and ply their trade in the IPL.
6. England cricketers returning from IPL 2021 unlikely to get a spot in Test series vs New Zealand
Keeping the mental health of the players in mind, the England cricket team has decided that all the England players who returned back after featuring in the 2021 edition of the IPL will not take part in the first Test against New Zealand.
7. Reports: Cricketers had refused to take COVID-19 vaccine before IPL 2021
Reports have stated that the cricketers who were participating in the 2021 edition of the IPL felt that there was no need to take the Covid-19 vaccine as they thought that the IPL bio bubble was secure.
8. Shafali Verma gets maiden Test and ODI call-up for England tour
Indian batting sensation Shafali Verma has been included in the Indian Women’s Test and ODI squad for the tour of England. India’s tour of England will kick off on 16th June 2021 with a one-off Test. India will also play 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is against England as well.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘34 was not the age to let go’ – Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz and other Pakistan cricketers condole death of Sushant Singh Rajput
- Twitter Reactions: Wahab Riaz’s four-wicket haul helps Peshawar Zalmi steamroll Islamabad
- Stats: Prithvi Shaw slams 227* off 152 balls in Vijay Hazare Trophy, shatters 46-year-old record
- Twitter Reactions: Prithvi Shaw smacks double century in Vijay Hazare Trophy against Puducherry
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021: Shreyas Iyer named the Mumbai captain; No place for Arjun Tendulkar