But more than that, he has been in scintillating form in the IPL in the last 3 years. It is clear that Suryakumar Yadav has set the stage on fire as far as the IPL is concerned. In each of the last 3 editions, he has averaged above 30, and has a strike rate of over 130. In the last 2 seasons, he has scored over 400 runs, and has scored a total of 8 fifties in the last 3 editions. In fact, in the current season, Yadav has improved his scoring rate and is striking at close to 150.
Also, in the 2018 edition, he was the highest run scorer for the Mumbai Indians. In 2019, he was the second highest run scorer after Quinton de Kock. And, in the 2020 edition, he is currently the third highest run scorer for the Mumbai outfit after De Kock and Ishan Kishan.
Yadav has continuously knocked on the door
In fact last year, Suryakumar Yadav had remarked that his father continuously checks all the websites only to find his son’s name missing. This is what Yadav had to say.
Yes. Yadav is right. He can only score the runs. And, to be honest, he has scored them by the bucketful to warrant a place in the Indian side. He has continuously knocked on the doors of the Indian side. But, it has not yet opened. Yadav will definitely consider himself unlucky. He has done all the hard work, but the results have not fructified so far. Life has been unfair to him.
But then, Suryakumar Yadav should do just one thing now. He should go back and score more runs, until the point where the selectors are forced to pick him. Looking at the way he has gone about his job, the day he will find his name in the Indian squad is not too far away.
Note: All the stats are updated as on 27th October 2020
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- When Suryakumar Yadav cheekily asked Sanjana Ganesan which IPL team she was rooting for
- ‘Have fun, relax and be part of this wonderful set up’ – Rohit Sharma conveys it to Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan
- India vs England, 2021: 1st T20I, Statistical Preview – Babar Azam’s record in danger; Kohli, Rohit eye new milestones
- I don’t see Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Rahul Tewatia getting a chance in the T20I series: VVS Laxman
- Suryakumar Yadav is a great role model for youngsters; deserves spot in Indian team: VVS Laxman