For the first time, NBA matches were held in India. Two pre-season matches were held between Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings on 4th and 5th October respectively at Mumbai's NSCI indoor stadium. In the first game, Pacers beat the Kings by one point (132-131). After the regulation time, both the teams were at 118-118 points. The fate of the match was decided in the extra five minutes.
Pacers also won the second match by 130-106 points. Both teams went all-out in the last quarter. Tickets for the matches were sold out. For the first time, the Indian audience saw the highest quality basketball in their homeland. Union sports minister Kiren Rijiju was also present to witness the match in Mumbai.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle