For the first time, NBA matches were held in India. Two pre-season matches were held between Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings on 4th and 5th October respectively at Mumbai's NSCI indoor stadium. In the first game, Pacers beat the Kings by one point (132-131). After the regulation time, both the teams were at 118-118 points. The fate of the match was decided in the extra five minutes.
Pacers also won the second match by 130-106 points. Both teams went all-out in the last quarter. Tickets for the matches were sold out. For the first time, the Indian audience saw the highest quality basketball in their homeland. Union sports minister Kiren Rijiju was also present to witness the match in Mumbai.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-time best XI in IPL history
- 5 most underrated innings for India in the 21st century
- ‘It’s unfinished business’ – Steve Smith not content with Australia retaining the Ashes
- What if MS Dhoni leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side instead of Virat Kohli?
- A Lethal Pace Trio- Pakistan’s biggest opportunity in England?