Virat Kohli retains No.1 position in the newly updated ICC Test rankings
- New-ball bowler James Anderson will be looking to work his way back to the top of the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings as England take on Ireland in their one-off Test at Lord’s from Wednesday, only 10 days after the iconic venue hosted the final of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Virat Kohli continues to rule the charts in the whites. He is nine points ahead of the second-placed Kane Williamson while Cheteshwar Pujara is at the third position.
Shubman Gill concedes about his disappointment for missing out of West Indies series but vows to fight on
- At 19, young Punjab batsman Shubman Gill has already found the hard way of learning.
- Despite having hit three consecutive half-centuries for India A in the ongoing trip of the West Indies, the talented right-hand batsman failed to make it to the Indian squad for the Caribbeans.
Mohammad Azharuddin wants MS Dhoni to play and not retire
- Will MS Dhoni retire? A question which has no answer yet. However, no one has the answer to it, as only one man knows when Dhoni will retire, the man himself.
- The rumours have taken a new flight ever since the fall in his form ever since the Australia series in 2019 at home, which continued throughout till the end of ICC World Cup 2019.
Reports: Virat Kohli advised MS Dhoni to not retire immediately after the World Cup
- MS Dhoni and his retirement has been the topic of discussion since India’s World Cup campaign has ended.
- Many feel that the cricketer should’ve called it quits from the game after the mega event while his childhood coach has cleared that he might play until the T20 World Cup next year.
Allan Border wants Australia to play six regular batsmen in upcoming Ashes
- The cricketing world is now waiting eagerly to witness one of its biggest rivalries to unfold.
- England, who just won their maiden cricket World Cup, will take on Australia in the Ashes starting August 1 and the five-match Test series will be a massive occasion for the two old rivals eyeing cricketing superiority.
ICC unaware of its technical committee chairman Anil Kumble’s association with Euro T20 Slam
- The inaugural season of the Euro T20 Slam is all set to get underway on August 30 with six teams fighting it out for the glory.
- But the questions are being raised about the inception of more and more T20 leagues now within in the International Cricket Council (ICC).
After suspending Zimbabwe, ICC bars women cricketers, coach from travelling to England
- Days after suspending Zimbabwe team from international cricket on grounds of political interference in its cricketing affairs, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has stopped four players and a coach from the country from travelling to England.
- They were selected for the Women’s Global Development Squad. The four players include captain of Zimbabwe women’s team Mary-Anne Musonda as well.
Navdeep Saini should be in Test team also, feels Munaf Patel
- India have come up with a whole lot of changes in their squads for the upcoming tour of the West Indies starting August 3.
- While Virat Kohli has been retained as the captain across the formats, the ODI and T20I squads have seen some key changes after the disappointment in the recently held cricket World Cup
Ben Stokes turns down ‘New Zealander of the Year’ award nomination, feels Kane Williamson a worthy recipient
- He may have been born in New Zealand but yet England’s Ben Stokes hadn’t sparked a pleasing emotion at Lord’s on July 14 when a throw from Martin Guptill had hit his bat and went for four overthrow runs.
- Those vital runs brought England back into the race for winning the Cricket World Cup for the first time and they eventually did it by the virtue of hitting more boundaries.
Jofra Archer enjoys Barbados festival with West Indies cricketers
- Jofra Archer, only nine days ago, was at the helm for England bowling a super over in a World Cup final against New Zealand.
- He won his team the trophy to etch his name in the history along with his teammates and is now enjoying a well-deserved break away from the game.
Mohammad Azharuddin disagrees with MSK Prasad’s reasoning to keep out Ambati Rayudu
- The Ambati Rayudu saga doesn’t seem to come to an end despite both sides moving on with their lives.
- Rayudu announced his retirement after being overlooked for the second time as a replacement player in the World Cup and MSK Prasad, the BCCI chief selector providing a reason for his exclusion.
India cricketers’ WAGs travel discord has left BCCI officials in disbelief
- Issues in Indian cricket are never short of the surprise factor.
- After speculation of a rift between captain Virat Kohli and limited-overs vice-captain Rohit Sharma did the rounds following India’s shock exit from the 2019 cricket World Cup, it is time for another controversy to snowball and it is about the cricketers’ WAGs.
Windies vs India: Cricket West Indies announces 14-man squad for the first two T20Is
- Cricket West Indies (CWI) has announced the 14-man squad for the first two T20 Internationals of the three-match series against India.
- The two matches will be played in Florida, USA on August 3 and August 4 before both the teams will travel to the Caribbean shores for the third game and ODI and Test series.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.