‘Yo-Yo test can never be an excuse’ – Yuvraj Singh once again takes a dig at Virat Kohli and Ravi Shastri
- Yuvraj Singh, the former Indian all-rounder retired from all forms of cricket earlier this year.
- After bidding his farewell from the game, he is quite often seen taking a dig at BCCI and on their selection policies. Recently, he hit back again on the same topic.
IPL 2020: CSK and MI show their interest in Tom Banton ahead of the auction
- Tom Banton’s name has been doing the rounds in England‘s domestic circuit over the last few months.
- An exceptional One-Day tournament followed by an impressive T20 Blast season first earned him a national call-up.
VVS Laxman picks India’s most certain and improbable picks for T20 World Cup 2020
- India won the inaugural edition of the T20 World Cup in 2007 under MS Dhoni’s leadership.
- However, in the next few editions, the Men in Blue are yet to get their hands on the coveted trophy, though they have qualified for the semis and finals on a number of instances.
Ellyse Perry says her marriage with rugby player Matt To’omua has seen her evolve as sportsperson
- Australia woman cricketer Ellyse Perry, who turned 29 on Sunday, recently spoke about her marriage to compatriot Matt To’omua who plays rugby and how the partnership has helped her evolve as a sportsperson.
- Perry, who made her international debut in 2007 and is the youngest player to do so, is also the first Australian to have taken part in cricket and football World Cups.
Women’s U23 T20 League: 3 Bengal selectors meet with an accident while traveling for the selection trials
- The 2019-20 edition of the Women’s U23 T20 League will take place between November 12 and December 05.
- The tournament will be played in a round-robin and playoff format and a total of 142 matches will be played at an Inter-state level among 37 teams.
16-year-old Naseem Shah least bothered about speculations about his age
- Pakistan has taken a huge gamble with the squad they have chosen for the Australia tour for both T20Is and Test matches.
- They have picked a couple of teenage fast bowlers in 16-year-old Naseem Shah and 18-year-old Musa Khan in the squad that will face perhaps the most dangerous team at home in the Kangaroos and it remains to be seen how the two fare at the highest level.
Geoffrey Boycott wants his grandson to be a batsman like Sunil Gavaskar
- Sir Geoffrey Boycott, the former legendary batsman of England, became a grandfather after his daughter gave birth to a baby boy in Yorkshire last month.
- The name of his grandson is Joshua and the former great is certainly enjoying his new role. He also shared a picture on the social media platform with his grandson sleeping in his arms.
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019-20: Ashok Dinda gets the boot from Bengal’s T20 squad
- Ashok Dinda, the veteran fast bowler, has been left out of the Bengal squad for the upcoming Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy.
- The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) named a 16-member squad and Dinda is annoyed to the extent that he doesn’t wish to represent the state anymore going ahead, sources said.
‘Very rusty’- Former Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur slams Mohammad Irfan after Sydney T20I
- The much-awaited Pakistan tour of Australia kick-started with a damp squib at the Sydney Cricket Ground with inclement weather and unrelenting rain having the final say on the outcome of the game.
- In the end, It was sort of a jailbreak for the No.1 ranked T20I side in the world and the Babar Azam-led Pakistan should consider themselves very lucky that they are leaving Sydney with the series still locked at 0-0.
Bangladesh are one wicket down without Shakib Al Hasan: Gautam Gambhir
- Ahead of their tour of India, Bangladesh lost Shakib Al Hasan, their premier all-rounder.
- The ICC handed him a backdated two-year suspension, that will end after October 29, 2020. It’s a huge blow for them as the Jessore-born has been pivotal to their success over the last few years across all the formats.
India vs Bangladesh: Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle might call-off the first T20I in Delhi due to poor visibility
- India and Bangladesh are scheduled to lock horns in the first of the three-match T20I series later in the evening in Delhi at the Arun Jaitley stadium.
- However, the match has come under the scanner with the Air Quality Index (AQI) in the national capital touching at an all-time low.
Australia pacer Andrew Tye ruled out for up to four months; to undergo elbow surgery
- Australia pacer Andrew Tye, who last played for his country a year ago against India at home, is set to undergo an elbow surgery and will miss the rest of the summer. as per reports in ESPNcricinfo.
- The bowler will be out of action for at least three to four months and that will see him not featuring in the entire Big Bash League (BBL) season 2019-20 starting next month.
Pakistan T20I captain Babar Azam says team will miss Sarfaraz Ahmed a lot in Australia
- Pakistan, ranked No.1 in the shortest format, lost to a second-string Sri Lanka side 0-3 at home that led to a huge uproar.
- Led by Misbah-ul-Haq, the new head coach who is also the chief selector, Pakistan decided to drop Sarfaraz Ahmed from captaincy both in Tests and T20Is and split it between Babar Azam (T20Is) and Azhar Ali (Tests).
I wake up every morning with the hope to play for India: Jalaj Saxena
- Jalaj Saxena, the all-rounder from Madhya Pradesh, is one of the most consistent performers in the Indian domestic cricket.
- With his 33rd birthday approaching, the Indian lad is still hopeful of his call up from Team India. He moved to play for Kerala Ranji side from Madhya Pradesh back in 2016/17.
India vs Bangladesh: Shivam Dube set to make his international debut in the first T20I
- India and Bangladesh will lock horns on Sunday in the first of the three-match T20I series in Delhi.
- Both the teams are preparing for the T20 World Cup in Australia next year and accordingly, the hosts have included a few fringe players in the squad to test them out.
‘I was offered a $1 Million, two S-Class Mercedes and an apartment in Fulham to fix match’ – Shoaib Akhtar
- Former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar raised a number of eye-brows with his recent revelation about match-fixing in Pakistan cricket.
- While the entire world knows the relation between match-fixing and Pakistan, Shoaib Akhtar lifted the lid on just how prevalent it was within the team.
Bangladesh mature enough to ‘beat’ any team: Rohit Sharma
- Bangladesh cricket’s latest turmoil has left them in the doldrums. The suspension of Shakib Al Hasan has jolted them badly.
- The Tigers are in India for a full-fledged series and not many have given them much of a chance to come out victorious.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- ‘Which app are you using? – Yuvraj Singh hilariously trolls Rohit Sharma with cheeky comment on latter’s Instagram post
- Rohit Sharma extends birthday wishes to Yuvraj Singh in ‘Gully Boy’ style
- Yuvraj Singh and Rohit Sharma indulge in hilarious banter on the former’s birthday
- Rohit Sharma tries his hands at bowling in the nets with the pink ball