The Australian women’s team is currently on the tour to West Indies and are completely dominating the home team as they have won all the matches they have played so far. They won the 3-match ODI series by whitewashing the Windies women and have won the first two T20I matches as well by a pretty convincing margin.
The star players for the visiting team have been Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy, skipper Meg Lanning and fast bowler Megan Schutt, who all have contributed heavily to the amazing performance of the Southern Stars. Healy scored 241 runs in 3 Women’s ODIs, while Lanning made 179 and Perry contributed 178 runs. Perry also had 5 wickets in ODIs, while Schutt picked 5 as well.
In the ongoing T20I series, Lanning has 76 runs, Healy has 70, while Megan Schutt has picked 4 wickets in two T20Is, with one match yet to be played. The second T20I match came Jess Jonassen picking 2/19 to keep Windies to just 97/9 in 20 overs. In reply, Healy hammered 58* and Lanning made 22* to ensure their team won the match by 9 wickets and more than 5 overs to spare.
However, something funny happened during the post-match presentation, where Australia women’s captain Meg Manning was talking to the presenter. During the conversation, thanks to some strong wind, the sponsor’s advertisement which was placed behind the Aussies skipper came undone and the whole banner hit Lanning in the head and covered her entire face. The funny incident was captured by the cameras and Schutt shared the clip on Twitter with just the caption saying WOW.
Watch it here:
😂😂 #woowww pic.twitter.com/9NKQf4nKUY
— Megan Schutt (@megan_schutt) September 17, 2019
Talking about Megan Schutt and Meg Lanning, both created world record during the WODI series. Megan Schutt, who had a hat-trick in T20Is against India previously, picked one in ODIs as well against West Indies and became the first women bowler with two hat-tricks in white-ball international cricket.
Meg Lanning, on the other hand, became the fastest batter to reach 13 ODI centuries ever. The 27-year-old reached the mark in just 76 innings, besting South African batsman Hashim Amla, whose first 13 ODI tons came from 83 innings.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Women’s Ashes 2019: England Women vs Australia Women, 3rd T20I: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- WBBL 2018-19, Match 51: Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- Stats: Meg Lanning’s unbeaten century powers Australia Women to 20th consecutive ODI win
- ‘It’s disappointing that we still use that language’ – Megan Schutt on James Pattinson and Marcus Stoinis hurling homophobic slurs
- Australia Women vs Sri Lanka Women, 2019: 3rd ODI – Australia’s world record, Chamari’s record ton, Alyssa’s century and more stats