Peerless SC beat East Bengal by 1-0 margin in a Calcutta Football League match on Monday. Peerless had earlier beaten Mohun Bagan by 3-0 goal difference. Peerless now achieved the record of beating both the giants in the league. Ansumana Kromah scored the only goal of the match in a 65th-minute penalty. It was their fourth win in six matches so far. Now Peerless is placed at the top in CFL's points table. East Bengal struggled to gain grounds in the entire match. Peerless launched successful counter-attacks against Red Yellow's defense. When East Bengal defender Kamalpreet Singh brought down Peerless player Pankaj Moula inside the box, the latter was awarded a penalty which played a decisive role in the match.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle