Peerless SC beat East Bengal by 1-0 margin in a Calcutta Football League match on Monday. Peerless had earlier beaten Mohun Bagan by 3-0 goal difference. Peerless now achieved the record of beating both the giants in the league. Ansumana Kromah scored the only goal of the match in a 65th-minute penalty. It was their fourth win in six matches so far. Now Peerless is placed at the top in CFL's points table. East Bengal struggled to gain grounds in the entire match. Peerless launched successful counter-attacks against Red Yellow's defense. When East Bengal defender Kamalpreet Singh brought down Peerless player Pankaj Moula inside the box, the latter was awarded a penalty which played a decisive role in the match.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-time best XI in IPL history
- 5 most underrated innings for India in the 21st century
- ‘It’s unfinished business’ – Steve Smith not content with Australia retaining the Ashes
- What if MS Dhoni leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side instead of Virat Kohli?
- A Lethal Pace Trio- Pakistan’s biggest opportunity in England?