The governing body FIA announced that Renault drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg were ruled out from the Japanese Grand Prix on October 24 after their team was penalized for breaking rules over brakes.
Ricciardo was 6th and Hulkenberg 10th in the race at Suzuka on October 13. However, the French team will lose the nine points accumulated by the Australian driver now.
An FIA statement published, "Renault have been disqualified from the results of the Japanese Grand Prix after a protest brought by rivals Racing Point was upheld."
"Racing Point's protest regarded an alleged breach of the Sporting and Technical Regulations and the FIA International Sporting Code, relating to a 'pre-set lap distance-dependent brake bias adjustment system'."
Racing Point's Lance Stroll and Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat are classified 9th and 10th respectively at the Japanese Grand Prix. This followed the moving up of the ranking of Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, Toro Rosso's Pierre Gasly, and Racing Point's Sergio Perez to 6th, 7th and 8th respectively.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with highest individual scores in IPL history
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with most fours in IPL history
- WI vs SL: 2nd ODI, Match Prediction – Who will win today’s match?
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – The warhorse India needs the most in 2021
- Hemang Badani not pleased with Varun Chakravarthy after the spinner fails to clear fitness tests ahead of the England T20Is