The governing body FIA announced that Renault drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg were ruled out from the Japanese Grand Prix on October 24 after their team was penalized for breaking rules over brakes.
Ricciardo was 6th and Hulkenberg 10th in the race at Suzuka on October 13. However, the French team will lose the nine points accumulated by the Australian driver now.
An FIA statement published, "Renault have been disqualified from the results of the Japanese Grand Prix after a protest brought by rivals Racing Point was upheld."
"Racing Point's protest regarded an alleged breach of the Sporting and Technical Regulations and the FIA International Sporting Code, relating to a 'pre-set lap distance-dependent brake bias adjustment system'."
Racing Point's Lance Stroll and Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat are classified 9th and 10th respectively at the Japanese Grand Prix. This followed the moving up of the ranking of Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, Toro Rosso's Pierre Gasly, and Racing Point's Sergio Perez to 6th, 7th and 8th respectively.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle