Imam ul Haq in #MeToo controversy as a Twitter user exposes his chats with girls
- Imam-ul-Haq has always been accused of nepotism as many felt that he came into the Pakistan team due to his uncle Inzamam-ul-Haq being the chief selector.
- The former Pakistan captain has decided to step down from the position now even as Imam has established himself as the top opener in the country.
Jonty Rhodes in race for India’s fielding coach
- It’s a season for employment in Indian cricket as top coaching positions of the country’s national side are up for the grabs.
- The support staff members have come under the scanner following the Men in Blue’s shock exit from the cricket World Cup in England recently and a number of past cricketers have applied for the coaching posts.
Indian team hints at retiring No. 7 jersey in the ICC Test Championship
- The top-ranked Test team will be again trying to put up a dominant show on the foreign soil The red ball sojourn will include two games at Antigua and Jamaica.
- Coincidentally the series will also mark the beginning of India’s Test championship journey which is the latest plan laid out by ICC to popularize the classic format.
Eoin Morgan picks the best cricket league in the world
- England limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan feels the T10 League in the United Arab Emirates is the best cricket league in the world he has played in.
- The 32-year-old Irish-born cricketer who led the Three Lions to their maiden cricket World Cup this month has captained Kerala Kings in the T10 League.
Shoaib Akhtar wants Haris Sohail as Pakistan limited-over captain; Babar Azam as Test skipper
- Pakistan failed to make the semi-finals of the 2019 cricket World Cup in England recently and the debacle has left the country’s fans and former players disappointed.
- Led by Sarfaraz Ahmed, the Men in Green were off to a disastrous start by losing to a weak West Indies by 7 wickets.
Based on feedback from players, fans & broadcasters, CA decided to curtail BBL 2019-20 duration
- Fans, broadcasters and even players found Australia’s domestic T20 tournament, Big Bash League (BBL) in 2018 was far too long.
- Based on their feedback, Cricket Australia (CA) has decided to reduce the length of the next edition scheduled in 2019-20.
Virat Kohli features in the top 10 Instagram sports’ rich list 2019
- The Indian captain Virat Kohli has become the only Indian sportsperson and the only cricketer to feature in top 10 Instagram sports’ rich list.
- For the second year running, the Football star Cristiano Ronaldo has clinched the top spot as he earns a whopping £784,000 (Rs 6.74 crore) for one post on Instagram and is way ahead of the Brazil footballer Neymar who is at the second place.
Virat Kohli opens up on his feelings after losing the World Cup semi-final
- Ravindra Jadeja and MS Dhoni had given India a ray of hope with their century partnership in the semi-final against New Zealand.
- But with both of them getting out with the target only a few runs away, India’s dream of winning the World Cup shattered.
After selectors’ red signal for farewell game, Nuwan Kulasekara retires from international cricket
- Nuwan Kulasekara was the part of Sri Lanka‘s squad which won the World T20 in 2014 by defeating India.
- He had bowled a tidy four-over spell going for only 29 runs and accounted for Yuvraj Singh’s wicket in the final.
The culture of scolding people isn’t there in the change room now: Virat Kohli
- As a youngster, if you are a very good player, there will be a lot of distractions and Kohli himself admits that he made many mistakes while growing up.
- The Indian captain also went on to say that the dressing room atmosphere is so friendly these days that the youngsters joining the team don’t feel intimidated at all.
Virat Kohli decided to go to Windies to boost his team’s morale, not to secure captaincy, says source
- It was even speculated that Kohli would be rested for the T20I and ODI series against the Caribbeans and will only join the squad for the two Tests starting August 22.
- But eventually, he was picked in the squads for all three series and reports then said that he did so to secure captaincy.
CoA disagrees to address rift in team until players raise it themselves
- Ever since India crashed out of the cricket World Cup 2019 by losing to New Zealand by 18 runs in the semi-final, some unwanted problems have started surfacing in their cricketing world.
- On one hand, there are reports about the rift between senior players Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma – the team’s captain and vice-captain (in limited-overs).
Sourav Ganguly perplexed with Shubman Gill, Ajinkya Rahane’s omission from ODI squad against Windies
- The omission of Shubman’s name has particularly upset the experts and fans.
- The talented 19-year-old batsman hit three consecutive fifties for India A against the West Indies A in a just-concluded ODI series that the visitors won 4-1 but yet he was not picked for the senior team.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- 5 Players MS Dhoni never used in the XI despite being in the squad
- 5 Indian cricketers who earn more from brands than from their board
- Wasim Akram explains how he would bowl to Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni
- Twitter trolls Rishabh Pant after he was dismissed for a golden duck in the first T20I against Windies
- World Cup 2019: Sanjay Bangar calls sending MS Dhoni at No. 7 in the semis, a team decision